Piano in Blue – An Historic Piano
At cinesamples we just released a really special library with a special story.
We were provided a unique opportunity to preserve an important piece of musical history in its final days. Word had come to us that the historic Clinton Recording Studios in midtown Manhattan was forever closing its doors, destined to be transformed into a modern condominium complex.
One of the many treasures contained therein was this particular Steinway Model D Concert Grand which used to live in the Columbia Records 30th Street Studios. The CBS 30th Street Studio, “The Church” was perhaps the most influential recording studio of the 50’s and 60’s producing dozens of legendary albums in various genres.
- 1949 Steinway D via Neve 8078 Console
- 8 Velocity Layers Sampled Chromatically
- 9300 Samples
- 3 Microphone Positions
- Close/Vintage – 2x Neumann M49 near the lid
- Mid – 2x B&K 4007 at the tail of the piano
- Far – 2x Sennheiser MKH20′s in the hall
- 2 Processing Paths (Tape; Direct in)
- Studer A800MKIII 24 Track Analog Tape Machine
- Programmed by Sam Estes; scripted by Greg Schlaepfer; recorded by Tim Starnes
As always we share our revenue with our brilliant team of programmers, engineers, editors and musicians.